Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well, we're another day closer to Heaven. :) I think Dr. King is rolling over in his grave today. And the videos indicating he's not infuriate me. Race alone doesn't bring similarity between him & Obama. I'm sorry, it just doesn't. Not even close. I know some of you support Obama and I'm thankful to live in a country where we are allowed to have different views and still be family and friends w/o strife (and just for the record, McCain wasn't my fave, either). But, today my heart breaks for many different reasons but in large it breaks at this moment for the unborn babies who will never get the chance to live once he takes office. And, it breaks b/c I see how many people agree with him in that. But, I take great comfort in knowing that above all, God is in control. He is working everything for the good. He can move mountains. And according to the Bible, in the end, He wins..we win And that alone soothes my soul. But this isn't the time to be complacent. This is the time to put our big girl and big boy panties on and STAND UP. Let your voices be heard, and FIGHT. The outcome of the election wasn't a surprise..and I will pray for Obama and his family and his staff everyday, that the Lord will guide him and that he will change his outlook on many things..that he will do what is truly best for this country. He said in his speech (in essence) that he sympathizes with those of us who did not vote for him and that he will work with us and that he will be our president, too. Well, thank you. You don't have a choice. But, in being "our president too", I expect that you will listen to what we have to say, even if we are the ever growing minority. Anyway, that's all I have to say. I will not badmouth him. He is in this office for a reason and I accept that. I pray he does great things. I serve a mighty mighty God and I have no problem putting my life in HIS hands. It is the Lord who protects and fights for me, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Feel free to NOT comment on my opinions. We all have our own and that's fine, I absolutely support that. But, I don't want to debate with you. On another subject (sort of), I am so excited that this country has come this far in regard to racial acceptance. It's certainly been a horribly long road but in the "end", part of Dr. Kings dream was acheived last night. And for that I am thankful.

Anyway, Chris is on the mend. Which means we get to go to church tonight! Also means I have a ton of reading to do before church!

Got the email today that Barbara (Chris' Mom) is back from Cancun safe n sound. I'll be looking forward to pictures!!

Work has been very busy this week and today was full of cranky post election customers, as was to be expected. But, sales are up..apparently anger fuels spending! LOL Anyway, Gail has been really sick. I think she has the same thing my Mom's had for a week. Hopefully she will be better soon and come back to help us!

It's freezing in the office F A R EE ZING. My teeth are clinched together. But, heat is expensive and I need to save my pennies!

Have a wonderful day, know that I'm thinkin of you & lovin you!

((hugs))

No comments:

Post a Comment