Sunday, February 22, 2009

I got my picture :) And, look, she's smiling! Yes, that's a smile :) I went down on Friday night and took lots of them. This is the only one that turned out since my camera..well..I'll just refrain from even starting in on my camera. grr Anyhoo, it took a lot of bickering between the two of us (with both of us laughing while bickering) to get the picture consent. But, she finally did. This means, I win! :)

Dad put new carpet in her house, she just loves it. She took me into her room to look at things and when I walked in I saw that Grampa's bed was finally gone. *sigh* She seems ok with it. Said she gave it to Jon & Deanna for Monet to use. I told her the room looked great, and it does. But, it's just different. Like he's truly gone now. Although, his suit still hangs in the closet. She wants me to take the suit. I can't help but wonder if there are nights she takes it out and holds it in her arms, wishing for another moment with Grampa..smelling it, trying to get back to the days when he was wearing that suit, standing next to her. Wishing she could feel his hand on the small of her back again. Wishing she could interlock arms with him as they walked again. Wishing the Lord would take her home so she could see him again.

In other news..the kids have been gone all weekend. It's been great to have time with my hubby. He's such a sweet man, I can't even begin to describe to you how my heart overflows with love for him. Every day gets better and better. I'm truly blessed to be able to wake up next to him every morning. But anyway, yesterday he went to work with me (I only had to go for 3 hours) and after we got there he left to get us Starbucks (hazelnut coffee for him, refresh tea for me, chonga bagels for both..mine with extra cream cheese) and brought it back. Yummy! Then after work we went to Fred Meyer and I got some sunglasses..then onto Walmart to get stuff for J's birthday & got stuff for Easter, too..then to Los Betos to pick up lunch..then on the way home we realized we forgot to get chocolate so we stopped at Walgreens for some yummys. Once we got home we nestled in for a nice day of Damages! My fave tv show for those of you who don't know. Anyway, we'd missed 6 episodes and had them all recorded. We've made it through 5 so far. Chris got called for work, of course, so while he was gone I took a nap. Then later we had dino nuggets and tater tots and salad for dinner :) I know, classy. haha

Ash is home now, just got talking non stop about her weekend..she had a great time! I'll have her blog about that later :)

Well, I better get going. Have a great week guys! Love you.


  1. What a beautiful picture. Sounds like she is moving along.
    So glad to hear you had your wonderful weekend with your loving hubby. Even the work sounded like a good time.
    We had a wonderful weekend, too. Dinner with friends and then just relaxing and listening to the rain. It rained a lot this weekend.
    Tell Ash that I am very anxious to here all about her weekend.

  2. That is a sweet sweet picture! So glad you talked her into it! Glad you all had a great weekend...even though (or because?) you were in different places! Looking forward to J's b-day party. Love ya all!