Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just keepin it real..maybe too real?

You, know, I'm just gonna come right out and say what most Mom's are too scared to say (it seems).  Here it goes (and I'm already fighting the urge to delete this post before it even starts..just knowing what I'm about to write "out loud")

"Being a Mom really sucks sometimes!!"

OK, there, I said it.  I don't really feel better.  But, it's true.  Sometimes kids are just filthy little liars, self absorbed, malfunctioning, and hideously unaware of how their actions (or lack there of) affect the world around them!  (And, let's just be brutaly honest here, we are ALL kids)

And, sometimes, it just really hurts the Mommy heart to watch her child look her straight in the eye, and with no reservation, lie.  Just LIE.  Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

There are days when I just want to quietly go downstairs, pick up the keys, go out to the car and drive.  Drive to the airport to get a ticket to anywhere and go.  Because evidently nothing I have done here at home has worked.  All of the teaching, and showing by example, and encouraging, and late night talks, and whatever else..they've all failed.  If it was a job I was getting paid for, they'd fire me and find some Stepford Wife Mom to take my place.  One who doesn't care what her kids do.  Doesn't desire for them to be all they can be.  Couldn't care less if they have morals or values.  Encourages them to go smoke crack just for life experience sake. (no, my kids don't smoke crack)

I love my children.  I don't ever want a day without them being my children.  My children are the most amazing creatures I have ever met.  I absolutely adore them.  But sometimes, being their Mom sucks.  That's just the way it is.  I tell them, "I will ALWAYS love you.  But that doesn't mean that I have to love what you do.  I am ALWAYS proud of YOU.  But that doesn't mean I am always proud of what you do."

Being a Mom is just like any other job that you love.  Sometimes you have great days, and sometimes, even though you love the job, it sucks.  And, today, my job sucked.

Tomorrow is a new day.  And, God willing, I will wake up to two beautiful children who are happy and healthy and ready to embark on their days with joy and smiles.  But, if not, this whole Mommy gig is still the sweetest on the planet.  Sucky days or not, I wouldn't trade them for anything.  I would, however, enjoy a lie remover procedure.  And a half assery removal procedure.  Not as replacements for these days of suckfest, but just in addition to these days of suckfest :)

Love you guys. :) 

We'll chat soon..


2 comments:

  1. Aww... I know how you feel. Not about the lies and stuff yet but they whole "being a mommy sometimes sucks." I'll admit it! I often do. Like when I potty trained Liza for frikin year just to have her STILL in diapers all the time and not caring one bit. Yeah... being a mom sucks.

    But just because they don't get it right 100% of the time doesn't mean we fail. You still have more time for the teaching and we have to remember that kids do have a mind of their own and we can teach them all we want but they still get to make their own decisions.

    Hope today goes better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! I'm glad we can be real together!! :)

    ReplyDelete