Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update on my ol' life :)

Well, It's been a long time since I've really written, I think.  I don't feel like going back to look.  But I think I've just posted videos or things at random.  Yes?  Maybe not.  Let us move on.

Spring is here :)  Have you noticed?  Is it spring-like where you are?  J and I are still sneezing like crazy.  But, the sunshine is so beautiful.  Kuna is always windy, always.  But, once the hot days of summer hit we will be very thankful for the wind..it cools the house down nicely and saves me on A/C bills!  And I love that!

Had a brief moment (48 hours) where I had decided we were going to Maui this summer for a family vacation.  It will be our 15th Anniversary on September 1st.  And, the vacation slot for my parents' time share is Sept. 1 - Sept. 15.  Perfect, right?  Plane tickets were less than $500/each.  Sweet again, right?  Yeah.  This morning I decided forget it.  We'll go the next time their slot is open, in 2 years.  I just don't have the energy to get 2000 bucks right now.  I really, really don't.  Not even for Maui.  We had also thought about just Chris and I going..but we didn't want to go without the kids.  So, it's off.  No Maui.  Just thought I'd let you know :)

I haven't shared this anywhere or with hardly anyone..just my walkin buddy and a few family members.  Why?  I don't know.  Yes I do.  It's because {some} people suck.  And their little petty side comments annoy me.  And I didn't feel like hearing all of the snickering and assuming and crap that may happen if I talked about it.  Because really it's no ones business what I do with my money.  But!!  Onto the news, we got a new truck. :)  We were able to move things around with bills and then trade in our SUV for the truck we've been wanting (and needing in the summertime) for years.  And, the best part is, even though the truck payment is more than the SUV payment was..we still save more money than we did before we got the truck.  God is SOOOOOOO good.  I would tell you about the huge lesson in faith my earthly Daddy gave me concerning my Heavenly Daddy the entire week previous to the purchase of the truck.  But, it's way too long and let's just sum it all up in saying, when we take our meesly little control off of the situation and let God do His thing..the blessings FAR outweigh what we could have come up with on our own.  Love my Daddy, and my Daddy God. :O) 

So, we love the truck.  Mostly, we love the butt warmers!!  Yeeeehaw for butt warmers :)  And, it came with 3 months free of some satellite music service thing.  It's Serious but spelled stupid..That's all the rage now.  Spelling junk wrong.  Anyhoo..I think I just sounded like I was 80 right then.  But, regardless, the kids love the music thing.  They like the Disney station (wow, Disney kids don't sing about mickey mouse anymore) and I love the Coffeehouse station.  But, I don't think we will keep it after the free period is up.  13 bucks a month to keep it.  That's just silly for me.  Maybe if I were driving all the time like I used to I could justify it.  But no.

As you FB'ers know, I finally hit 150lbs this week.  DANG IT TAKES FOREVER TO LOSE WEIGHT THE RIGHT WAY!!!  But, it feels nice :)

The doggy's are out here by me..they are SO CUTE.  I just love them.  Sadie has a big beautiful smile with egyptian eyes.  And Greta has a tiny little gramma w/o her teeth in smile (she does have teeth but her mouth kinda ..well..nevermind) and big Marilyn Monroe eye lashes.  OK..scratch the cute remarks..Greta's now licking her womanlies..she's ruined the moment.

Well, it's been a great week and I know it will continue to be great.  I got to see Jess last week (FINALLY) and then tonight we got to go out for our buddy Eric's bday which was super fun, then tomorrow I get to go to lunch with my long lost buddy Kristi, Thursday night I get to go to girls movie night at my buddy Tiffany's house, and then Fri/Sat/Sun we have Drama competitions!!!  And mixed in there I get to go on walks with Tierney, and maybe a trip to the library with my sweet son.

Hope your weeks are going well, too.  Love you much!  I will leave you with this great mix of quotes from Joyce Meyer.  They were 3 different ones that I smooshed together.

"Instead of concentrating on your problems and getting discouraged, focus on God and meditate on His promises for you. You may have fallen down, but you don't have to stay down. God is ready, willing and able to pick you up.  God loves us because He wants to—it pleases Him. God loves us because it’s His nature to love, and He will always love us. He doesn’t always love everything we do, but He does love us. God’s love is unconditional. In fact, there’s nothing we can do to ever escape His love. God’s love is the power that forgives our sins, heals our emotional wounds, and mends our broken hearts.  The more you trust Jesus and keep your eyes focused on Him, the more life you'll have. Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure everything out, and let God be God in your life." ~Joyce Meyer~

We'll chat soon..

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I do love Joyce Meyers! She always seems to have the perfect messages right when you need them!

    Congrats on the new truck. My hubby and I are looking right now, but I'm afraid looking is all we will do for the moment! Ha!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she sure does! I love the way she doesn't sugarcoat things..and how she is REAL!

    I'm sure the Lord will impress upon you the perfect time to get your new truck..and it will far outweigh your expectations! But, looking is always fun, too :) OH, a hint the finance guy gave me was this. Car/truck prices go up when gas prices are low. When gas prices go up, car/truck prices go down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah. I just love reading your blogs. They bring such joy to my day. I just love it, love it, love it! Congrats on the truck, as I said before, congrats on the 150! And by golly, Congrats on life! So glad to hear things are just swifting good for you! Love you and your familia!!

    -Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee thanks :) Life is good, isn't it? Glad I have friends like you who bring smiles to my face and my heart :) Love you 2, M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, Maui is out for you? Is the timeshare open, 'cause I happen to know someone who IS going to Hawaii this year!!!! Yup - and doing it at my reunion, if that works - if not, then I know a coupla sistas who would make good use of a Maui timeshare! Love you... Miss you... Gotta see ya'll soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, she traded it with her friend for a stay in McCall when I nixed the idea. Sorry! See you Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear that things are just dandy at the Mendiola household. I'm excited about your truck purchase. New rigs are so much fun! I hear you on the vacation thing. Bruce and I are taking the kids to Disneyland next month. Thanks to my Real Estate. God is good! Just wish he and I could go for a vaca ourselves before the baby comes. Too much other stuff to pay for ... oh well! Maybe in 5 years ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is so great, Robyn!!! I am sure you all will have a blast! I hear ya on the sweeties only vaca..one day!

    Sell my house would ya? Work a miracle!

    ReplyDelete