Thursday, March 18, 2010

YOU: APPROVED!

My buddy, Ernesto, posted this devo on his FB page today.  I immediately stole it.  I love it!  Thought you might, too.  So often we try to hard to be something we are not..more like someone else who we think is happier, prettier, better at parenting, better at this or that..but all we need to do is be who WE were created to be.  He created each one of us differently for a reason.  And He didn't make a mistake.  He formed us, and he marked us APPROVED!  That's pretty awesome!  As you've probably seen in my email quote.."God didn't make a mistake when He made you.  You need to see yourself as God sees you!"  And by the way, He sees you as AMAZING, because you ARE! :)  Love you!

Here's the devo:



TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:


Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you…"

(Jeremiah 1:5, AMP)

Did you know that God was thinking about you before you were ever born? He knew everything about you before you were in your mother's womb. He created you on purpose, for a purpose. He carefully planned who you would be, the color of your hair, the color your eyes and skin. He gave you gifts, talents, and abilities to be used for His glory. He took one look at you and said, "Approved." ... See More

No matter how you may be feeling right now, no matter who's approval you didn't get on this earth, know that Almighty God loves you and approves of you today. There's nothing you can do now or ever to change that. You may be thinking, "I've made so many mistakes, how can God approve of me?" Understand that when God sees you, He separates you from your behavior. He may not approve of your actions all the time, but He desires to help you grow and make better choices.

Today, receive His love and acceptance. Allow Him to work in your life. Allow His love to empower and strengthen you because you are approved and equipped to live in victory all the days of your life!



A PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Heavenly Father, thank You for approving me and empowering me by Your love. I open my heart and mind to Your truth and invite You to have Your way in my life. Remove anything that would hold me back from all You have in store. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

---

We'll chat soon..


No comments:

Post a Comment