Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo!!

Yay! I just love this holiday and am proud to be part of my husbands heritage..even if only by marriage. :0) J told my Mom a few weeks back, "I'm not sure I want to be part Mexican. Even though I really like Mexicans." My Mom asks him why and says he should be very proud of who he is. J replies, "Well...I can't speak spanish." awwww it was so sweet. He did learn a little bit last year and will start learning more in school this coming year. I told him Mommy can't teach you many words that are good for you to know, so you better wait for school..haha Chris should be able to teach him everything he needs to know, but he's forgotten most everything he learned. Bad!

We've had the carne asada marinating since Monday afternoon (some say to only marinate for 2 hours, no more than 24..we don't agree). I'm in the process of making green sauce for dipping...and we've decided against making our own tortillas today. Just not enough time. Too many other things going on. But we will imagine them. The last ones we made turned out really well!

Well, enjoy your day! We plan to enjoy ours. Yahoo!

Love ya

We'll chat soon...



4 comments:

  1. Yay, can't wait to chow down tonight. And then run our 5k! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running a 5k while vurping up green sauce. Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just when I was imagining how good the salsa verde would be, you add that 'vurping' image...! Hope you enjoyed your food and exercise too! Viva los Mexicanos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Turned out there wasn't any vurping. But, Chris did BURP the whole time we ran..while on the machine right next to me. And, that's just as bad. eewww

    ReplyDelete