Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sunshine, sweat, and yelling.

Yup, woke up to SUNSHINE. Will it last? Even an hour? I hope so. Yesterday we had minutes of sunshine, hours of dark nasty wind, bursts of snow, hail, rain, and just all around muck. Yesterday's weather was like a woman's emotions when going through PMS. ..Oh, and just a side note, we do all realize that it's mid MAY and I used the word SNOW. Right?

First song that popped up on my player when I signed in was Zac Brown Band: Chicken Fried.  LOVE IT!  Such a fun band.  Now, it's Toby Keith: I Wanna Talk About Me.  Love that song, too!  How funny!  Must be why it's on my playlist.  haha  Anyway, it reminds me of when we lived in Texas.  The song had just come out.  And our friends son, Brian, just LOVED it and loved to sing it whenever it came on.  So cute.  Every time I hear that song I think of Brian and all the laughs our families had together.  You'd think they still live there the way I talk, right?  No, they live 30 minutes away from me.  I see them once a year, maybe.  Sad!  I should work on that.

After last weeks Biggest Loser episode where they did the 5K run, Chris told me that he wanted to do that with me the next time we went to the gym.  After my whole falling issue we didn't go that Friday, or Monday.  (Remember, I literally could barely walk on Monday.)  So, last night was the night!  I was like..oh man, why am I doing this.  Now..5K really isn't that big a deal.  It works out to 3.1 miles (thank you Google)..I usually do 5 miles on the elliptical. (yes, we did elliptical, not treadmill..I wonder how that changes things?) But, as soon as I got on the elliptical last night my legs and hips were already on FIRE.  My body was like, "ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME?!?!"  At 1.6 miles I looked over to Chris and told him, "I'm not gonna make it."  And in usual fashion, my husband yells, in the gym, because he still (at 34 years of age) can't figure out that when you have earphones in you don't need to speak so loud..."WHAT?  HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE LEFT? 30 SECONDS?  YOU CAN'T MAKE IT?"  I almost punched him off of his elliptical machine.  In my head I saw him flying through the air.  I told him, "You're yelling again."  "WHAT???  ISN'T IT JUST 30 SECONDS LEFT?  YOU SAID YOU WERE DOING 30 MINUTES?"  I said, "You're yelling."  He then pulls out his earphones.  Jeez, thanks.  Novel concept.  Turns out he doesn't realize that I set my timer to show how much time I have left, not how much time I've done.  I don't feel like explaining it, so I just turn my face away from him.  And just for the record, I was going 45 minutes, not 30.  So regardless, he made no sense.  Ok, I wasn't really going to tell you all of that.  I love my husband.  HAHA  Anyhoo, Then at 1.74 miles I thought, I am going to DIE.  It was SOO HOT IN THERE!  I really need to get that manager to crank the A/C.  74* for a gym is like working out on the face of the sun.  And it's totally humid in there with peoples nasty butt sweat.  Moving on...well, wait.  Staying put for a sec.  When we first started going there it was nice and cool.  And, no butt sweat.  What happened?   OK..NOW moving on...so at 1.74 miles I decided I wasn't going to look at the progress screen anymore for awhile.  I got sucked into my Hoarders show (GREAT SHOW) and next time I looked I was at 2.33 miles.  Sweet!  I look over at Chris and say, "Did you say it was 3.1 miles or 3.6 miles?"  "WHAT??"  "Did you say it was 3.1 or 3.6 miles?"  "THREE POINT ONE"  Again, everyone on the gym looks over.  They feel my pain, I'm sure.  Well, actually, they are probably used to it.  Because as he watches whatever show he's got on he laughs just as he would at home..makes comments on the show in a very loud voice..it's actually kind of funny.  Just not when he's making it sound like I can't make it 30 seconds on a machine.  Then all the funny runs out.  I'm rambling again.  I know.  SO..I finished my 3.1 with lots of time to spare so I kept going..because I wanted to finish watching Hoarders.  So..in the end I made it 4 miles and went for an hour.  I usually make it 5 miles in just a little over an hour..so I'm running, in theory, about 5 minutes behind that.  Which means I need to get into the gym more.  I'll deal with that later.  Actually, the last 15 minutes on the machine I went super slow..so maybe if I'd given it my all, I would have gotten 5 miles.  Yeah, I'll go with that. haha

Well, that's really all I had to share.  Except that our Cinco De Mayo dinner was super yummy.  And Chris has decided that he will have the left over meat with eggs this morning.  The kids and I almost threw up.  But, I do realize that many people like cow and eggs.  That's fine.  I don't.  I hope he super enjoys it!  He's up sleeping right now.  Got up to take Ash to the bus stop, but must not have had a meeting because when I woke up he was back in bed with me!  He's such a sweetie.  I just love him.  Even when he's yelling at me in the gym..on accident, of course.

Love you!  Have a wonderful day.  Remember, Jesus LOVES you with a love that is limitless.  His love never runs out, or walks away if it gets too hard.  And He is forever faithful to you..without fault..He loves you because He WANTS to.  He's not forced to.  He CHOSE you.  He WANTS you!  You are the apple of His eye.

We'll chat soon...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    GREAT JOB friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY BABE! I LOVE YOU TOO! SORRY FOR YELLING, I'LL TRY TO DO BETTER! WHAT? I'M DOING IT AGAIN? SORRY HON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you weren't the sweetest most handsome-est, loving-est, special-est husband in all the world (who surprised me with a milky way dark), I would punch you. ;)

    ReplyDelete