Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Help Haiti

Found 2 new ways to help those in Haiti and others around the world today!  The first one is free.  We can all help that way, right?  Go to http://www.freerice.com/  You just answer quiz questions (english/math/art, etc) and every one you get right they donate grains of rice to be given to those in other countries.  You can donate up to 5000 grains/day.  It's a fun (and mega addicting) way to pass the time AND you are helping others.  Win, win! 

The other way is by donating $ by going to www.wfg.org/haiti. Or, text the word FRIENDS to 90999 to give $5.

Alrighty then..Gayle is back home.  She spent 12 hours in the doctors office yesterday waiting for a contraction (the home machine showed she had been having them regularly) and never had one contraction..faulty machine?  God?  Both?  Either way, she's home and hopefully RESTING! :)  The babies are all happy and have lots of good fluid in their little incubating bubbles. heehee

We watched FAME! tonight.  It was silly but entertaining.  I can't say I'd watch it again, but it was a good 2 hours spent!

Of the most annoying spirits...would you say mocking is one of them?  Or would we go lying?  Or could we possibly do a combo deal?  Just wondering.

Chris submitted his time off requests for the year, today.  I am so excited!  I just love that whenever he takes time off, I get it too.  As in, I won't still be going to work somewhere.  Beautiful!  This home schooling gig is awesome!  Not only do I get totally invaluable time with my son, but I get time off too!!  Lots of it!

MLK day yesterday.  Was happy to see more posts about him than I had expected.  Always nice to be happily surprised.  He was an amazing man.  I hope that in Heaven I get to meet him.  I know....I don't need to hear it..I know we will have new bodies..I know most believe (and probably correctly) that we won't look the same..but still..looking the same or not..spirit or not..I have to believe that that man will be recognizable. 

The ol' diet is going well, we think.  The scales battery died so we are kinda in the dark.  But just continuing on as normal.  We should really start working out.  I need an accountability buddy and I don't have one.  Someone who comes pounding on my door everynight, rain or shine, and says, "Get yer shoes on, we're goin now!"  I don't have that.  Which brings me to my next topic...self reliance.

Is it really necessary to have others motivate "you"?  Is it really necessary to be part of a group in order to fulfill what you feel you have been called to do?  Is it really?  Is it necessary for me?  What if I just decided, accountability partner or not, I am taking control of my own life and walking rain or shine.  What if I just decided, church family/community group or not, I can fullfill my calling simply because I know it's what I've been called to do.  The walking part, yes.  The calling part, yes.  But, you know what?  I believe God put more than one person on this planet for a reason.  For accountability.  For fellowship..because when in a group things get accomplished and morale is higher.  Because where 2 or more are gathered in His name...

So..I'll just leave that for ya to gnaw on.  I don't want to be stagnant.  But, I don't feel I've been called to be an army of one in the area outside of "walking".

Was approached the other day with a job ...  personal chef.  Wasn't sure what to feel about it at first.  I mean, it's serving.  I like that.  Love blessing others where I can.  And this is a definite way to do it.  Can do it from home.  It's in the planning stages.  Praying.

Was approached with another job opportunity... JUS.  Given to me for free, if I will give it a good shot.  I'm just not sure if I want to get involved in another MLM.  I will not go to someones house and pitch my sale.  I won't call someone and pitch my sale.  Those 2 factors alone probably cut me out, right?  Is it possible that I could do this via FB, Twitter, Blog, Website?  Not sure.  I will find out.  If someone wanted me to go talk to them about it that would be fine, but I am in no way interested in soliciting that way.  Will have a meeting on this later this week probably.  Praying.

Drama practice is overwhelming this year for Chris and Ash directly.  And for Jaden and I somewhat indirectly.  But when I get to the point where I just want to scream, "NO MORE!" (It's only the second week for goodness sake), I remember how amazing it is when they get to the performances.  And all of the tears in the audience, and the cheering, and all of the glory being given to the Lord.  Lives being affected.  And then I remember, this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.

I guess that's all I really have to say.  Actually, I think I've been rambling for awhile now.  But, I love you :)

OH..As you know, my blog is: Life is Change.  Growth is Optional.  But, I found a version of it today that I love, love, love!  It is: "It is not necessary to change.  Survival is not mandatory."

5 comments:

  1. barbara6:21 PM

    Always good to hear your thoughts, sweetie. Thanks for sharing. BTW, what is JUS? Will be lifting you up in prayer for work/income as you need it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, glad you enjoyed my blog... hope you'll come back often. As for your questions of moving in, and when is dinner... well come visit anytime but dinner, I don't cook! :) I'm not the "cook" in our house, more of the dishwasher, LOL!! Talk to you soon. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. following via MBC! CUTE BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know much about JUS yet. I had heard from someone that they were started in Boise..but I think they were incorrect because their website says they are a SLC based company. Anyway..here's the link to info on it: http://jus.net/new/why-jus It's a supplement :) 23 antioxidant rich fruits and herbs..helps with oxidative stress, energy, and something else..haha can't think of what it is. And that's the extent of my knowledge right now :) I've only talked about it for a few minutes..haven't had the meeting yet.

    *Jen, We can wash dishes together :) My fave picture (or at least the one that made my heart long for the country) was the one of you and your sister smiling and having fun together in your corn field. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Thanks for the compliment on my blog, and for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete