Monday, January 4, 2010



That is my most favorite picture from Christmas.  Well actually I took it on Chris' birthday which is just a few days after Christmas.  But, you get the idea.

What a day it was..Bible Quiz, Church, lunch with friends, nap, drama practice at church and then news that my best friends hubby fell from their attic down to the floor of their garage.  Thank God he is ok.  And he better not scare any of us like that again!  He has a broken arm, a few broken ribs and a lot of bruising.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for him tonight.

Tomorrow we all go back to work/school, except for Ash.  Part of me is excited, part of me is sad to say goodbye to vacation!  But, my goodness, I love my life.  I'm sooo blessed.  SO thankful for all that has been given.

It takes a whole lot of work not to give up on life when things look bleak.  We can really muck things up on our own.  But change is just a step away.  Stepping into His grace is the easiest (and sometimes hardest!) thing to do.  His arms are open and they never tire of picking us up.

Today I am reminded that blessings are all around us.  Sometimes it takes a bit more looking around in order to find them.  But..here's the thing.  I think that when it takes us a bit longer to find them, it's not because they are small..or hidden..or few.  It's because we've allowed our vision to be clouded.  If we take off the blinders, the blessings are overwhelmingly abundant.  We weren't created to live lives of mediocrity.  Blinders stunt growth.

My ears have been fine tuned to the things people claim lately.  Everywhere I go I hear it..stores, restaurants, get togethers, church, conversations (mine included), the mall..wherever..I hear it.  Louder than I hear anything else.  Sickness.  Poverty.  Depression.  Hatred.  All the things we claim over ourselves without even realizing it.  We are what we eat.  Truly.  This week, listen to your words.  Listen to everything that comes out of your mouth.  Man it's a real eye opener.  Let's speak life into ourselves and those around us!  It's just a choice.  May not feel it at first, but before you know it, things will begin to change.  You don't have to be sick.  You don't have to be in pain.   You don't have to be poor..fat..angry..depressed..tired...lonely..blah blah blah..it's not required.  It's all up to YOU.  That's pretty dang freeing if you ask me.  The enemy may put up a good fight, but we've got the victory in Jesus name.  And no weapon formed against us will prosper.  If you speak it, you give life to it.  What are you speaking?  What are you bringing to life?

Have a wonderful week.  Love you bunches and am looking forward to being part of your life this year as we both grow in Him together. 


3 comments:

  1. Hmm, good thoughts. I will keep an ear out for what I hear this week.

    Oh, and glad to hear your friend's husband is OK!! That must've been pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was scary for sure. It's those moments that bring everything back into perspective I think.

    Which pic did you end up choosing out of the ones you had up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about words.

    ReplyDelete